It's late and I did not do my homework....

Okay....done! I have put the basics of the site together. Criticism is acceptable....constructive or otherwise. Presently, I am watching (rather listening) to the Lord of the Rings movie #3. I am a fan of the trilogy. And in case you are wondering, I am a Star Wars fan as well....except for Jar-Jar (the Rasta fish), but I think I am in the majority on that one; if only there could be Episode Seven - "The Ewoks Discover Jar-Jar Sushi." If you ever catch Robot Chicken - the Star Wars special, watch it....nuff said.

Now that football season is upon us (hockey to my friend Robert). I will divulge my loyalty to the New Orleans Saints. I am originally from the Crescent City and attended many a game (in the not-too-glamourous era of the 60's, 70's and early 80's) with my dad, a season ticket-holder since the beginning. My eldest son, Sean, has grown a passion for them as well even though he has only lived in Atlanta all his life. Though I now see in him, what my dad saw in me. There are many a time when a mistake is made and there is the "harrumpf" or pessimistic "there gonna lose" statement that I often uttered (and sometimes shouted) that my dad would have to endure. His retort would be to remind me that it is just a game and not the end of the world....though I know my dad saw my enthusiasm and did not want to diminish it. My dad's disgust with the team's losing efforts were displayed in a similar manner to many as we headed to the vomitorium (the opening from the walk aisles to the grandstands) with a few minutes left to play so that we could beat the other fans to the parking area....for you see, it is only enjoyable to sit in traffic if you have won the game.

Nowadays, I watch the games at the local Taco Mac where I can grab a soda and nachos with two of my sons (my youngest has yet to develop an appreciation for the sport). With the change in financial status (two incomes and a college tuition), we will see how many of the games we make.

So for you other fans out there, I offer a video for your viewing pleasure....

Dempsey's longest field goal against the Detroit Lions.


Comments

Robert said…
Throw a puck, start a fight...it's Hockey Time

Popular posts from this blog

You can't DO humble...