Oh, when the Saints go marching in.....

I will try to get better at posting...or at least more frequent.

Today is the New Orleans Saints at the Atlanta Falcons football game. This is a time honored tradition for me growing up...historically mostly of pain and suffering as my Saints would find a way to lose a game that they had a two touchdown lead with less than two minutes remaining.

To set some background, I am originally from New Orleans (born and grazed, as I say....due to all of the good food). My dad, also born and raised there, was a big Saints fan....season ticket holder from the beginning, I believe. I would watch the Saints each week sometimes win, often lose...and my mantra after a loss was not to watch'em anymore that season. Well, come the following Sunday, I was watching again...short memory or just one of those people that has to see the train wreck happen, not sure. Maybe a little of both. I now have three boys of my own and my eldest has taken up where I left off as a child and I have resumed the role of my dad. I now grunt and groan in a rather civilized way my displeasure when the Saints struggle or outright lose and my son demonstrates the passionate version (blurts and outrages) that I had once displayed for my father to witness. But despite my actions and discontent, the next time the Saints were in town, my dad would take me to the game; though he did at times have to alternate the opportunity with my brother and I when he opted to only hold two season tickets.

So, today the Saints and Falcons (division rivals) get ready to do battle on the gridiron. Now that I live in Atlanta, I do like seeing the Falcons win, just not to outdo my Saints when the play-offs arrive. I will be sitting there praying for my team to rise up and crush the Falcons today. When the Saints had fallen behind in the past, it was over. But now the Saints over the last three seasons have started to prove that they aren't cut from the same cloth. Either way I will be on pins and needles on those last two minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's late and I did not do my homework....

You can't DO humble...